7/31/2006

Weekend of Immaturity

Regression is a beautiful thing. This weekend I regressed in age pretty well, acting between 4 and 12 years younger than my actual age (which is old, considering the recent anniversary of my birth).
It all started with 2 for 1 drinks at Halo, a lovely (smoke free!) gay bar near Logan Circle. Such a nice bar! And the bartenders are so pretty that a straight gal such as myself can appreciate the sights. And, at least equally important, I can appreciate the 2 for 1 drink specials. This of course led me to behave like a 21 year old and there was some over indulgence. I did score two free drinks and met a radio personality from a local morning show I never listen to, so i did not much care about his pseudo-celebrity.
The next day I slept past noon! I hadn't done that in quite a while and it reminded me of high school. Since I was already in a teenage place, a friend of mine and I went to go see the latest teen flick, John Tucker Must Die. It was actually funny, I thought. Teenagery, but funny...not quite Mean Girls good, but it is up there.
And lastly, on Sunday I dined with a gentleman four years my junior. The Child was charming and whatnot, but a bit too puppy dog for me. I coulda babysat for him....which I find hilarious! Here's to being so mature about a birthday that I need to go back in time!

7 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Yay! It sounds like you had a great week-end; you deserved it!

 
At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee... "The Child"! Hilarious!

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... I agree with Amit's comment. Did you end up molesting him? ahem. :-P

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

It's been 16 days since you posted... :( Can we have an update? :)

 
At 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want Kate!
We want Kate!
We want Kate!
We want Kate!
We want Kate!
We want Kate!

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I want to hear more Kate Adventures! More Kate! More Kate!

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I want to hear more Kate Adventures! More Kate! More Kate!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home