4/29/2006

Look at me go!

As I am sure others do from time to time, I make it a point to Google my own name to see what is up. My name is not all that unique, but I have generally been somewhere on the first page of results - along with a woman who works in housing for the homeless in Cali, some girls named Kate who happen to be from a certain town in England, and random other girls with my same name that placed in their school's track meet or the like.

I decided to go ahead and search for myself, as a shameless effort to procrastinate writing my paper, doing my project, or completing my take home final. Of course, it worked...cause here I am blogging rather than elucubrating (a word I learned from my starbux cup, thanks corporate america!). My reason for this further procrastination is to express my surprise! I have been moved from the first page of Google results to page four. FOUR! Do they not understand the importance that is me? Doesn't everyone want to learn about the work I did in a neuroscience lab over five years ago? Google needs to give the public what they want!

I blame one particular Alternate Self (name sharer) for my demotion. Apparently I am a voiceover artist, currently working in Anime circles, and requiring multiple search results be devoted to me. Since it is Anime I guess that means I have one of those annoying high pitched voices then. I am even on my beloved Movie Industry Database (a site I look at on a semi-regular basis when I want to cyberstalk some new celebrity). While I am kinda flattered to be included with the stars...I do not like Anime! While looking through the various 'Me's that made the first three pages of results, I also found a site in Italian. Being curious, I clicked only to be asked if I wanted to see nude photos of myself! I am shocked at me! My Italian is not good (i.e. i don't speak Italian at all) but even I know what "nude immagini" and "calendari nuda" mean! Apparently I shoulda kept my clothes on when I was in Italy. Thankfully, clicking on the "nude immagini" (which I did of course, as I wanted to ensure my lighting was flattering) returned the Italian version of File Not Found. I have no idea how I am going to have time for my new careers in voicing Anime cartoons and nude modeling in Italy, in addition to being a burgeoning collegiate hockey star. I guess I better start clearing my schedule.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Internet Movie Database (as in IMDB.com) not Movie Industry Database. What kind of beloved fan are you?

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger K8 said...

I know what IMDB is called smarty! I was making it my own. :-P

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Uh, Kevin, your hyperlink goes to midb.com - the Mega site of Bible studies and information. What kind of fan are you?

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger K8 said...

Yeah, Kevin's a huge bible beater. ;-) All he does with his time is race cars & love Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home