6/26/2006

Bring on da Thunda!


I love summer thunder storms! Love them! It has been astormin' for days and days. Sure, the sidewalks are flooded, the metro has been rendered largely impotent, and my cats are hiding under my bed...but I sure do love these storms!
Just about half an hour ago the thunder was so loud - SO LOUD - it sounded like four mack trucks going sixty miles per hour just collided on the street outside my house. It rocked. I actually stood up out of my seat...like there is anything I could do about thunder and lightning. But still, I stood up all wide eyed like a dope. Luckily my cell phone rang within seconds so I felt like my jumping out of my seat had purpose. My lovely neighbor had called to make sure I was not struck by lightning. It is a little service we provide for each other, nice isn't it?
Ooooh, the lights just flickered. Maybe I am in for a romantic night of candlelight by myself. ;-) Most likely I am in for a night of take-home final fun! Fun! There is another rumble rumble!

4 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty picutre! There was so much lightening Saturday night, I thought it was armageddon - luckily I was mostly asleep, thus I was mostly dreaming the armageddon part. The storm drains were spouting water 'way up in the air. This morning the street was blocked by a fallen tree. I hope this little tropical thing goes away soon, we're no more ready for this than we are for 10 inches of snow!
Love, Mum

 
At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can spell armageddon, but not picture! Oh well.
Ma

 
At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely picture! I shall use it as my computer wallpaper.

 
At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that IS an awesome photo...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home