1/04/2009

2009!

I'm back baby, back!

My new year's resolution is to restart my blog - for the few people who are interested (i.e. Robyn and maybe my mom). So, apparently my last post was in June 2007. So lets have an update!

July 2007: My dashing boyfriend moved in with me...into a one-bedroom apartment. Twas tight. Also I turned 28 years old! Go me.

August 2007: I went to Port Huron and kicked it with the family. Also! I quit my part time job since I had a suga' daddy to pay half the rent.

September 2007: Returned to school for the 3rd and final year of classes. That was exciting.

October 2007: Boyfriend Matt turned 29 years old and we went to Dave & Buster's. I liked it there...it is like Chuck E. Cheese for adults with liquor.

November 2007: I applied for an internship for 2008/2009 - that is the last step of my doctoral training! Also Matt and I started seriously shopping for a house to buy.

December 2007: Christmastime! I was given a trip to Disney World to take place in March. Also, I went on several interviews for the aforementioned internship. Twas grueling and very tense.

January 2008: The new year brought more internship interviews and lots of praying that I get a good one. There was also snow. And Matt & I continued to try to live in our tiny apartment. It was made easier by the fact that Matt's job had him travel for a week every month.

February 2008: Is it bad that I can't remember what we did for Valentines Day? Oh yeah, he just reminded me, Matt was in Miami with another woman (for business he says...) and later we went out to a nice dinner. Also! At the end of the month I got an internship I wanted at a local insane asylum! Yay!

March 2008: I got to use my Christmas present! Matt & I went to Disney World - it is the happiest place on earth you know. Also, we found a HOUSE! We put an offer on a house!
April 2008: We closed on our house! We - well Matt cause he has the money - bought a house! It is a three bedroom bungalow in Alexandria, Virginia. We have a great big front porch and a garage out back. We were very happy and scared cause it is a lot of responsibility, owning a house! Things were heavy but we hired movers. One of the midgets was only four foot tall but he strapped that dresser to his back and hauled away!

May 2008: There were many boxes and unpacking and to-do in the new house. I did not paint anything because we had other things to get out of the way - such as waterproofing our damp basement and installing central air conditioning. No one can live in Virginia without air - at least that is my opinion. I also had finals to complete and papers to write for school.

June 2008: This was the last month of my last semester of classes for the graduate school! It entailed a great deal of work and it was also nostalgic, as my classmates and I knew we were all soon going our separate ways off to internships across the country (and in two cases, outside of the country!) Also - my boyfriend Matt became my fiance Matt! I got a giant ring full of diamonds. I usually am not one for a lot of bling - but I wouldn't trade it for nothin! See people, some people do buy the cow!

July 2008: I turned 29! I tried not to let it happen, yet it did. I officially entered the last year of my twenties...and I didn't cry. I also started my internship at the hospital. I only got a few days off between school and internship - so it was a busy month!

August 2008: Matt got a raise at work, which was excellent since my internship pays less than I would get working the fast food counter. Also, it was hot. Very hot.

September 2008: My mother hosted a lovely, small engagement gala at her house in the beginning of the month. There was a hurricane the same day! Is that lucky or not? I am not sure.

October 2008: Matt turned 30 and we had a pirate/parrot themed party at the house. There was beer pong. Matt and his boss were a team and they won! Matt's brother & sister-in-law had their one year wedding anniversary. Year-old wedding cake does not taste good. No, it does not.

November 2008: I (and Matt...but mostly me) hosted Thanksgiving at our house for twelve people. For some reason I bought a 24 pound turkey and I cooked it f***ing beautifully! It was a masterpiece of poultry. It was so huge nothing else fit in the oven.

December 2008: And lastly - December. The holidays went by too quickly! But now that we have a house so I could actually fit a Christmas tree! It was big and did not have many ornaments on it at all - despite my "ornament making activity" (i.e. forced labor) on Thanksgiving. And in writing this, I realized that I did not take a single photograph of our first Christmas in our first house. Now I have another New Year's resolution - not only write a blog once a week, but fill it with pictures!
Peace Out!

5 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in as one who likes to read your blog! StepMom Sue

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Charlie said...

I read it, also. Since I don't get the weekly obligatory phone call that one propagated seed should make to the one that spawned them..I will read your blog.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Emily said...

SHE IS ALIVE!

 
At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How delightful to see you back again.

Mom

 
At 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I was just about ready to give up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home