1/18/2006

Not prone to ranting, but apparently "insane enough"

What exactly is 'insane enough'? Well you would have to ask my brother about that. This blog is a direct result of his encouragement and rejection of what I think is a lovely blog name, Bit O' Smart. I told him I can't blog because I am not prone to ranting but he believes I am "insane enough" (his words) to have something to talk about.

So about me to get the ball rolling. I am living the high life in the Metro DC area, rubbing elbows with the lower middle class of our Nation's Capital! Fantastic. I work in mental health and I go to grad school for the same. And yet I manage to find time to have a little bit o' fun....a bit o' smart don't mean nothing if you don't have that. I am currently single, which I find immensely entertaining.

And I would like to close with a shout out to D.E., my grandmother's brother who passed away yesterday. He was one of those happy, friendly people who loved to have fun and socialize. At my cousin's wedding this past summer he stayed up later than both my brother and sister, who are in their 20s, to dance the night away. I spent the day trying to express my thoughts on a card for the flowers...something like 'one such as he will never really be gone because of all the lives he touched.' Of course my next thought was how that sentiment minimizes their grief.....Why are you crying? He isn't really gone!

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely shout out, formerly known as a tribute. I shall enjoy this blog immensely, Bit O' Smart. Indeed.
Mom

 
At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME !!
Dont think this gets you off the hook to call your "Pappy" every now and then.

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

D-K8-er! I am so glad that you have a blog that I can read. You're so funny - and slightly insane - so I, too, will enjoy your blog immensely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home